Tuesday, January 17, 2006

nick's partner intro

Nick chose for his image a group of people having a session in the street. He liked this image because it looked like a very informal setting with people playing music anyone could join in, without the need of sheet music. I'm thinking he plays classical music of some kind. My impression of this image is a bit different than nick's, but i think it's interesting to hear how someone from a different perspective sees things. I think it looks like a session at which I would rather be than one in a pub because it is one that, in some undefineable way, brings closer that feeling of community and comraderie that leaks into the music and blows your mind away. The written excerpt he chose is a poem called "the new remorse," by Oscar Wilde. I think perhaps he chose it because it resembles the troubles of Ireland and that the people never lost hope and eventually, things got better again. Nick says in his personal statement that he likes the music and the history behind it. He likes the friendship and fellowship of the ceili. He seems like a very nice person to me, whose interests are expanded beyond one area. I think it's really cool that he wants to learn more about the traditional music, as it's something I want to also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home